Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Once Reprieved


Reprieve – from Milled English 1300s, involving a sort of postponement – in the literal sense – ‘to test again.  I guess that’s where this author has been for the past year or so.  On a sort of reprieve.  More like a forced sabbatical caused by a car accident that knocked the ol’ melon loose a bit. 

The occurring events forced a big break from major multi-tasking between careers.  Apparently, the brain can only handle so much technology.  Who knew a concussion could melt down to such levels and overload the brains super-highway?  Modern medicine is still catching up on the ramifications of concussions long-term repercussions.  My newly acquired first-hand knowledge – a year of my writing life I’ll never get back.  That all being said – parents, athletes, coaches, etc.; all should take concussions very, very seriously.  One year later and I still can’t sit under fluorescent lighting, or direct light for long intervals.

So, now that I’m finally feeling my brain waves popping and crackling at normal levels again – it’s time for some dang writing!  If the reprieve is over, a whole new path lays ahead.  So, what have I been doing during this down time, you might ask?  Plotting.  Characters, story-lines, marketing, and mayhem.  All the things we authors love.  I finally, just this month, began to read a book on my Nook.  First book in a year – gasp! I know, right?  The torture…  I’ve missed so much – so many heroes, villains, hotties, and heroines.


And speaking of characters – it’s time to begin anew.  I’m looking forward to getting back to work on my WIP pile.  Old and new friends alike are at the top of the list.  With so many changes having taken place in the industry I’ll be branching out more into the self-publishing realm, as well as wrapping up some pending stories with Mojocastle Press.  There is a lot on my list, including a new Quarterly Newsletter I’m putting together – so stay tuned for more on this and a sign-up.

If you haven’t caught my most recent releases, including the final entry in my Faith Savage Demon Huntress Series – Book 8 ~ Messenger.  Get your copy on Amazon:  http://tinyurl.com/h78j9uy



You can also catch my self-published release of Once Upon a Dragon (formerly in the JAPM Christmas Anthology) – now available on Amazon:  http://tinyurl.com/ksmwsev



I hope that all of you are having a wonderful Summer, are reading some amazing books and should you add a few of mine, will graciously share your thoughts and comments in an Amazon Review.

I wish you all my best ~

K.A. M’Lady
Fantasy Romance Kissed With Dark Sensuality


No comments:

Post a Comment