Monday, August 8, 2011

Turn Up the Heat...

Or Not -

Help! “I’m meeeelllltiiiing…..” so vented the witch from the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy doused her with a bucket of water.



artist kiki smith as the wicked witch of the west


 
Right about now most of us are wishing for a big ol’dousage. The plains and the south are melting – if you haven’t’ heard – like you live in a cave or under a rock. (Probably much cooler there anyway.)

So, what do most of us book junkies do when it’s this dang hot? We read. And we authors – well, we write. I must say however, for myself, the work on the WIPs has been pretty slim as of late. I think the heat has melted a few of the brain cells as I’ve just been too dang hot and tired to do anything but veg in the air, clutch my reader and lose myself in a few good books.

At the top of my summer list:



Children of the Goddess series by R.G. Alexander (loved it!)










Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton (yet another great installment – interesting, frustrating and exciting; just makes you want to keep reading this excellent series)




Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris (Eric Northman …. Need I say more?)  And thank GOD True Blood has started again...






The League Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Love, loved, loved it!)






Whispers on the Wind by Donna Fletcher (great romantic Ghost story!)





Awakened by Blood Series by Marie Treanor (Salamon, oh, Salamon...sigh….) this is a most excellent vampire series – I’m dying for the next installment!)




The Kingkiller Chronicles - The Wise Mans Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (this is an amazing fantasy series – the best world building, structured, pure storytelling I have read in a long time – file this series under Classics)





I have managed to work on the research for the next installment to my Faith Savage series. Messenger – Bk 8 is in the works and the historical events have been a bit grim. Death, destruction, complete annihilation – wow! I had no idea so many catastrophic events have occurred around the world just in the last 2 ½ years.

I'm also feverishly trying to get back in the writing groove of my other works in progress - namely - Realm - Book IV - Blood Oaths, as well as a three book novella series of sci-fi vampires (freebies!) with the first in this setting loosely titled, Bound to You. 

And then, of course, my wonderful, beautiful and majestic muse beaned me upside the head with a hysterical little idea for some fun, zombie-chic-lit.  I can't wait to get started on this.  The ideas are many, plentiful and sometimes I find myself laughing out loud.  Yes, I've a very warped sense of humor, wth.  I'm amused and I hope when it's done you will be too.  I just hope my special victim won't be too upset that I've imortalized her in zombie...

In my happy news column I can add that the Christmas Anthology that I helped put together for charity along with some very talented authors from my Monday Paranormal Group - Just Another Paranormal Monday - published via Mojocastle Press, LLC is now currently on All Romance eBooks Anthology Best Seller list! Woohoo!    You can get your hands on your copy of Just Another ParaNormal Christmas at:







or purchase it direct at ARe


All proceeds from the sale of this book benefit

The Armed Forces Children's Education Fund



So, as we get on into the dog days of summer and we wander the pages of a few good books, lose ourselves in other realms, remember, the journey is just the beginning -- the magic is a page, a click and a download away.  Support your local authors and have a blessed summer!

K.

1 comment:

  1. Quite a collection of books. I love my Kindle and I have more than enough books there to last me for years. lol I just can't help myself. lol

    ReplyDelete